It probably doesn’t come with much surprise that the most popular route taken by our customers out of Minneapolis is to drive up to the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. You might, however, be surprised to find that one of the other most popular routes is to road trip out to Glacier National Park in Northern Montana. This might seem like a long trip, but in reality the drive can be done in one day (albeit a long one).
Glacier National Park is a stunning natural wonderland, encompassing 1 million acres of glacier formed peaks and valleys. The park contains hundreds of lakes, thousands of streams, and a thriving diversity of wildlife. Renting a camper van from our Minneapolis depot and driving to Glacier National Park is the perfect way to visit the park, as much of the allure comes from the beautiful and iconic national and state parks along the way.
Along the route, some must-visit national and state parks include:
- Badlands National Park, South Dakota
- Devil’s Tower National Monument, Wyoming
- Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, Montana
- Custer State Park, South Dakota
Other attractions to visit along the drive include:
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial, South Dakota
- Cody, Wyoming’s rodeo capital
- The Little Bighorn River, Montana
Once you arrive in Glacier National Park, be prepared for breathtaking beauty at every turn. With over 700 miles of hiking trails, you’ll have no shortage of incredible views. Here are some must-see sights and hikes:
- Going-to-the-Sun Road, known as one of the most beautiful drives in the world
- Many Glacier, an area filled with glaciers and lakes
- Grinnell Glacier, a popular hike that offers panoramic views of the park
- Hidden Lake, a beautiful hike that ends at a serene mountain lake
- Avalanche Lake, an aptly named lake easily reachable by a moderate 6 mile hike
Glacier National Park is a destination that should be on every traveler’s bucket list. The drive from Minneapolis to Glacier National Park is an adventure in itself, filled with stunning landscapes, unique attractions, and breathtaking national parks. Whether you’re a seasoned camper or a first-time road tripper, this trip is one that you’ll never forget!
All photo credit: @garrett_shelley
follow the adventure
Straight To Your Inbox: New Locations. Rental Deals. Latest Stories From The Road.
Where Will The Voyager Van Take You?