Summer is in full swing, and chances are, you’re preparing for your fair-weather adventure. Packing and preparing for a campervan journey, however, requires a bit of forethought. There are a number of items that you may overlook while packing for your trip, which is why it’s important to create a list of everything that you could possibly need while you’re out on the road.
When you rent a campervan from Voyager Campervans, your rental includes a number of essential items that you need to enjoy the great outdoors. Our Minny Campervan includes fans, power outlets, lighting, a stove, cooking fuel, a pour-over coffee maker, a knife and cutting board, as well as a pot, pan and kettle. We also provide campervans with plates, bowls and utensils, a cooler, two camping chairs, as well as a memory foam mattress and linens.
The Minny V2 Campervans are equipped with additional essentials and amenities, including a solar powered refrigerator, making it even easier for you to get out on the road. While renting with Voyager Campervans makes it easy to get outside, there are still a few personal essentials you’ll need to bring along with you.
It’s an unfortunate reality that even camping requires a little bit of paperwork. There are a number of documents that you’ll need to carry with you during your campervan journey, including the following:
- Driver’s license: You’ll need a valid driver’s license to rent and operate a campervan.
- Passport: Even if you’re not planning to cross the border, it’s still a good idea to bring this with you. You never know where your adventure may take you!
- Cash and credit card: Traveling through rural areas may require you to pay with cash, and it’s always a good idea to keep an emergency credit card on hand.
- National Parks Pass: For those planning to visit four or more U.S. National Parks, this is a money-saving essential.
- Campground reservation: If you’re staying in a State or National park, make sure to lock down a spot ahead of time and bring your confirmation with you.
When packing your clothing, try to prepare for all possible weather events. Even if you’re just traveling a few miles in a day, changes in elevation can lead to
significant temperature and climate differences. Think of each day in terms of layers that you can add on and strip away, and bring at least one full day of extra clothing for your trip.
On top of that we also recommend bringing:
- Sun-blocking cap
- Wool socks: These repel water and keep your feet warm, even in dangerous conditions.
- 2 pairs of shoes: One pair to wear adventuring and one to wear when you return to camp.
- Rain jacket
There are a number of other essentials not included in your rental from Voyager Campervans that you’ll need to plan to pack:
- Bug spray: The beautiful summer weather also brings with it many insects that can make thick wooded areas and wet regions unbearable at times without the proper insect repellent. Check out Travel + Leisure’s list of top bug sprays if you need help picking one out.
- Sun screen: You should be wearing sunscreen any time you are spending extensive time in the sun, but especially while you are spending entire days outside hiking and camping. Make sure to apply it effectively!
- Camera: Your cell phone is great, but it’s always fun to record your journey on a digital camera with a more advanced sensor, or even on film.
- Hand sanitizer: Never underestimate the importance of hand sanitizer. Like with your first aid kit, bring a small bottle to take on the trail and a larger one to leave at the van.
- Bear spray: While bear spray canisters tend to be somewhat expensive, they’re worthwhile when you absolutely need them. *If you’re flying to reach your Voyager Campervan, purchase this when you land. Aerosol containers and altitude don’t mix well!*
- Lighter or matches: If you’re parked at place that allows campfires, definitely don’t forget this so you can enjoy some s’mores
- Games: Playing cards, cribbage, dice, and any other fun games to play and stay disconnected from your phone.
- Headlamp or flashlight: You’ll be grateful you brought this when you need to make that 1 a.m. trip to the bathroom.
Regardless of where your journey takes you, Voyager Campervans makes it easy for you to get outside and enjoy the wonders of the wild.
For a full tour of the Minny V2, check out the video below:
follow the adventure
Straight To Your Inbox: New Locations. Rental Deals. Latest Stories From The Road.